Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Bead embroidered heavy pincushion tutorial

 I have made another of the lovely pincushions.  I extremely like making them. It is my first one. This one is for tacklethatbeadstash JANUARY CHALLENGE. 
Taken from Operation tackle that bead Stash

I don't know if it will suit because it is not jewellery. The colours are blue, gold, green and purple. I have used 12 kinds of seed beads, some sequins and some glass beads :)

How do I make them:

You need:
  • a small container
  • a pebble (something heavy)
  • some kids' dough (or a scrap of newspaper)
  • some cotton
  • a scrap of material (can sew before hand, can be appliqued)
  • a bead embroidered piece
  • scissors, a needle, some leather :)
Take a small container, a tinlet/plastic or cardboard boxy/ etc. Measure a piece which you will have to bead embroider.  
 

Then embelish a piece of material with bead embroidery, or croos stich embroidery whatever your fantasy is up to on that day :)
After that fill your container with something for heaviness- a pebble for example.

Surround your container with the material and sew it together, I glue it to the container, as well for extra strength and durability. I wrap it with a string for hardening.
Sew your scrap however you want- you can take a matchy matchy material ;) or a cpontrasting colour.
Wrap a piece of cotton with it and sew together underneath.

Put it onto the contaiiner sew together, fill the litle gaps with beads if necessary. I also embelish the bottom with leather sew around with beads for neatess.

 And here is the finished pincushion.

Happy beading ;)
G.

PS Now piblished in Totally Tutorials ;) .

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this - THANK YOU for sharing the "how to", so I can make one (at least) for myself! Happy Sunday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very glad that you visit me and you liked the pincushion.Inga. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Inga,

    very nice..I like your pincushion.
    Thank you for tutorial...

    Greatings from Germany,
    Klaudia
    http://klaudias-kreativ-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Klaudia, for viditing I am very happy that you found time :0)

      Delete

Thanks a lot for your comments ;)